Monday 21 March 2016

Rice Paddies

Gothcon XL is in just a couple of days and so is our game of Chain of Command set in Dien Bien Phu – Hell in a Very Small Place. It’s a participation game where you will play either Viet Minh or French Colonial Paras, like we did in our test-game a couple of weeks ago.
Here we have the finished rice paddies in fallow we started working on during our terrain weekend. It’s amazing what some paint and water effect can do.

I used this water effect for the first time. It didn't look too good as is, so I added some of the red-brown paint to get a muddy look. I wouldn't have minded one more layer of the guck, but it takes a couple of days to dry, though, and I don't want to risk it being sticky when I have to pack it up.
With that, everything on my list is done and packed. I’m ready for some games and if you happen to be at Gothcon do come by and say hi! We will probably set the game up on Thursday evening and play all through Friday and Saturday, even though I’m off to play some other stuff also.
Viet Minh showing just how good clear bases are :-)

10 comments:

  1. Nice. I have done a bigger one, went for a combo of muddy and bluegreen water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing that on Thursday, then.
      See ya!

      Delete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing my Chaffee fail a bog roll while moving through those paddies. Somehow, players always manage to roll snake eyes when all they need to do is NOT roll snake eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work. I have had Vietnam neglected for a long time now because of Chain of Command (we used to play Charlie a lot in the past)
    I wonder if TFL will anytime soon adapt CoC to Vietnam and will undust my VC and US minis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I guess there is quite a good chance for that...

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Frank!
      Pretty pleased with how they turned out.

      Delete
  5. Very effective, the muddy water was a good call.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Michael
    I does look muddy :-)

    ReplyDelete